Training of new employees: quickly and effectively thanks to digital work instructions and interactive software
26.11.2018 | 5 min
The training of new employees often takes up a lot of time and personnel resources. Often the newbies are not productive for weeks, but only look over the shoulders of experienced colleagues. Reasonable instructions are not found in most companies, because most processes have “grown historically” or are filed in dusty folders. New employees therefore often have no choice but to run along helplessly for a long time. Self-learning? No chance!
Training of new employees takes time
Specialists are currently urgently needed. But when the long-awaited new colleague finally starts his first day at work, the challenge is far from over. No matter how good the training and experience is, every new employee needs time to be properly trained, to understand processes and procedures and to familiarize themselves with the new working environment. Computer programs, manufacturing processes, maintenance intervals as well as the development and production of machines and systems are individually different from company to company and largely based on individual employee know-how.
Current problems with training
The fact is: What one person builds up over years, sometimes decades of experience, the other will not learn within a few days. It takes a long time until a new employee is productive. Unfortunately the following situations are still part of everyday life in most companies:
– Employees have different levels of knowledge. New employees and temporary workers have to find out from the “old hands” what takes up a lot of the working time of experienced employees and distracts them from their actual tasks.
– Information documented in paper documents is often outdated and incomplete: the quality of work suffers as a result.
– Employees’ experience is poor or not documented. Certain tricks are not found in any manual, but exist only in the minds of certain employees.
– Standard processes are often lacking for structured training.
The solution: digital and interactive software
The solution to all these problems is very simple: simple documentation using video and images to document the process step by step.
Your employees can easily click through the individual work steps, confirm their completion and at the same time document possible irregularities or errors. The interaction with the software not only allows your employees to experience the meaningfulness of their own work in a completely new way, it also helps to keep processes up to date and to log experiences for other colleagues.
In addition, didactically structured learning materials help the employee with self-learning and support on-the-job training so that he can continuously qualify for further tasks.
Benefits for the user:
– Inexperienced employees can better understand individual work steps through comprehensive information.
– Relief for experienced production employees and foremen.
– The app also supports more experienced production employees in dealing with the increasing number of variants.
– Employees are less under pressure at work, because they know where to look if they are unable to continue.
Benefits for the company:
– The new employee can work productively faster.
– The process knowledge of all employees is digitally secured.
– The fun factor in handling the intuitive software motivates the employees
additionally, the frustrated search for information in the paper stack is no longer necessary.
– Employees can be deployed more flexibly in various areas.
Digital work instructions, with which new employees can learn unknown work processes interactively, facilitate and accelerate the training and further training phases in companies enormously.
Increase the flexibility of existing employees and train new workers faster