Revision-safe archiving easily implemented
1. Each document shall be archived in an unchangeable manner.
2. No electronic document shall be lost on its way into the archive or in the archive itself.
3. Each document must be made retrievable with suitable techniques (e.g. by indexing with metadata).
4. Exactly the document to be searched for must be found again.
5. No document may be destroyed during the retention period.
6. It must be possible to display and print each document in exactly the same form as it was captured.
7. It must be possible to retrieve all documents promptly.
8. All actions in the archive, which cause changes in the organization and structure, are to be logged in the way that the restoration of the original state is possible.
9. Electronic archives shall be designed so that migration to new platforms, media, software versions and components is possible without information loss.
10. The system shall provide the user with the opportunity to ensure the legal and operational requirements of the user with regard to data security and data protection over the life of the archive.